When is a project done?
a.k.a: Never. a.k.a: When is a project mature enough?
- Acceptance Criteria: Who wrote them and did they check?
- Testing: What kinds of testing?
- Deployed: Where have you deployed?
- Usage: Who is this going to be used by?
- Feature flags: Which ones?
- Old features: Removed or disabled?
- Old data: Deprecated or deleted?
- Old APIs: Backward-compatible, deprecated, or deleted? Client libraries?
- Just one more thing: Is there anything pending on your plate?
- Dependencies: Who owns them?
- Follow-up: Who’s talking? Who’s fault is it if it doesn’t happen? (YOURS). What happens, if tomorrow, the entire team ceases to exist?
- Eliminating process altogether (no ad-hoc work)